Xploreo Placement Fee: $185
About the organisation and its mission:
The organisation was founded in 1990 and counts as many as 24 staff members.
With a 26-year-old tradition, our organization works in different regions of Peru. We create innovative solutions in order to widen the opportunities of development of the population with emphasis on children, adolescents and young people.
We develop strategies for social issues such as: Integration and development of children, mental health and prevention of sexual violence and violence against women, environmental education, career advice and help for young people, reproductive education and rights as well as help schools, communities and health centers.
The project aims to train young leaders for programs of sexual and reproductive rights, public and political impact of situations of rights violation. We also raise awareness about the issue of sexual violence, the lack of access to contraception, pregnancy in adolescence and abortion. This project takes place in the regions of Lima, Cusco, Ayacucho and Loreto.
Once the young leaders finish their training take action with public impact such as: informative murals, they take watches; participate in marches and festivals to raise awareness. They also keep the media informed on the situation of sexual and reproductive health as well as the violation of rights. They also use the virtual media to spread correct information about sexual and reproductive rights and contact the regional congressmen to spread this information and involve the local authorities to invest in adolescence and sexual health and reproduction.
- Deal with the social media for the 4 regions: Lima, Cusco, Ayacucho and Loreto
- Support with writing articles of activities of the project to go with the social media
- Participating in actions of public and political impact
- Taking pictures and videos of the project’s activities
- Participating in training and technical counseling
- Support in the logistic activities of the project
- knowledge of social media
- intermediate level of Spanish
- photography and video editing skills
- no sexual prejudices
- willing to learn and contribute to even more learning
Project timeframe: Year-round
Minimum time on site: 2 weeks
Accommodation: Help with finding accommodation nearby
Transportation: Help with local transport