Our mission is to rescue, rehabilitate, and release wild rainforest animals.
Our center is extremely effective at successfully releasing healthy animals back into the wild. In the past years we have worked with an enormous number of different animals including endangered squirrel monkeys, capuchins, two and three toed sloths, a jaguarundi, kinkajous, raccoons, and many more.
The Wildlife Rescue Center’s main objective is to rescue, rehabilitate and release injured, sick and orphaned animals back to the wild. Our center brings a high quality of care to a high quantity of individuals and species. Every year we rescue over two hundred animals of over twenty five species.
- assist in zookeeping activities such as preparing food
- feeding animals
- cleaning and repairing cages
- enrichment activities
- experience working with animals
- strong desire to save the rainforest
Minimum stay: 2 weeks.
The price includes: food, lodging, internet, laundry
- possible accommodations for volunteers: private cabin or volunteer bunk room
- We have a taxi that we highly recommend from San Jose. The bus is possible and cheaper, but also more difficult.