Xploreo Placement Fee: $185
About the organisation and its mission:
The organisation was founded in 1990 and counts as many as 24 staff members.
With a 26-year-old tradition, our organization works in different regions of Peru. We create innovative solutions in order to widen the opportunities of development of the population with emphasis on children, adolescents and young people.
We develop strategies for social issues such as: Integration and development of children, mental health and prevention of sexual violence and violence against women, environmental education, career advice and help for young people, reproductive education and rights as well as help schools, communities and health centers.
The project looks to implement a vigilance system against child abuse in three communities. The system is led by the community management committee against domestic violence, integrated for representatives of the board of directors. Each block has a promoter of vigilance with the capacity to identify, orient and delegate cases to the protection services: the Health Centre; The Women Emergency Center and the women police station. We also organize workshops for personal development for parents to prevent domestic violence. We promote places of gathering and group reflection for women who are victims of violence so they can recover both individually and within a group through the experiences of other women. This project takes place on the outskirts of Lima.
- Help as promoters of community vigilance
- Help to organize the self-help Groups for women who are victims of violence or who inflict violence upon their children
- Workshops of personal strengthening for the parents
- Suitable for providing community services
- Intermediate level of Spanish
- Experience in self-help programs for victims of violence
- Empathy to establish the adequate mediums for the interventions the do
- Communicative, cooperative, attentive to people
Program timeframe: Year-round
Minimum time spent on site: 2 weeks
Fee includes: training
Accommodation: help with finding accommodation
Transport: help and guidance with public transportation and other transport in the area